Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Cholung's profile

• 

3 Messages

Friday, October 14th, 2022 4:23 PM

What is the phone number for directory assistance to dispute a charge for a ATT landline?

There is a directory assistance usage call billed on the phone bill.   This is a home landline phone that is mainly used for incoming calls.   Directory assistance is not something that is used as the homeowners are not familiar with the feature nor are they English fluent to use it.  Called ATT main support number and they could not provide details of the charge since it is a service provided by an outside company.   At the same time they could not give me a phone number to the company for me to go call and dispute the charge.   Does someone have the phone number or do I have to file a complaint with PUC to get details?

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

4 months ago

If it's billed by a third party, isn't it listed as to who that party is? These providers of third-party service are pretty unethical about the way they trick you into saying yes, like asking are you the homeowner, they'll ask anything that will give a yes answer. My bet is they were scammed. 

• 

3 Messages

4 months ago

This is on their AT&T bill listed under Directory Assistance.  It only says one called billed at $2.49.  There is no name of the company that AT&T uses for their directory assistance service.  

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

4 months ago

Contact billing. To my knowledge AT&T doesn't have directory assistance

• 

3 Messages

4 months ago

That is who I contacted this morning.  They could not give me a telephone number to the people outsourced for directory assistance.  That is what my original question is asking for.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

4 months ago

Like stated it sounds like they were scammed. If AT&T doesn't know the customers on this forum sure won't. 

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

4 months ago

Don't know if this will help but looks like directory assistance used to be handled by AT&T long distance at 800.222.0300Have no idea if that's still a good number or not and don't know if AT&T even has directory assistance has anymore, as stated earlier. I can't find anything current for directory assistance other than it's still 411 in most areas. This information was found using google.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.