BPFamily's profile

• 

4 Messages

Monday, December 5th, 2022 8:58 PM

Remote Access Code

My business has an At&T Landline phone. We have had it for years with a voicemail that works. Suddenly, now whenever anyone calls, our voicemail does not play. Instead what is played is "enter remote access code." I'm not sure why this is happening no one changed the settings and it seemingly happened overnight. I also cannot access the voicemails we had.

Is there anyway to disable this setting so that our voicemail begins to plays again?

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

1 year ago

The phone company voicemail is asking for an access code or your phone systems answering machine/system? Also, you stated this is a business if this is a business line you'd be better served posting in the business forum

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Hi,

It is the phone systems answering machine. The recorded voicemail that has worked fine for years was recorded through the phone. We do not have a phone service account through AT&T. Our phone service is through Spectrum. However, the landline phone is an AT&T phone/product (see image). I don't think this necessarily falls under a business question. It falls under a product question as I have already called Spectrum and they confirmed that this issue does not have anything to do with our actual phone service through them.

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

1 year ago

I was going by your comment of for your business, so made an assumption. Make and model of phone system? There's a lot of them. We only know what you tell us. 

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

AT&T CL4940 Corded Standard Phone with Answering System and Backlit Display, White

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

1 year ago

If you know the answering machine isn't full you can review the settings starting on pdf page 34 of the manual found here the default code is on page 37 and the message capacity on page 39. I see no way to change it. From notes at the bottom of page 43.

.  If the answering system is set to on, the call will be answered. If the answering system is set to 
  off, the answering system answers after 10 rings and announces, “Enter remote access code.” 
  If the memory is full, the answering system answers after 10 rings and announces, “Memory is 
  full. Enter remote access code.”

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, the link to manual is not working. 

The number is ringing 10 times which is odd (we have it set to 4 rings and has always only rang 4 times).

However, the automated voice is not saying "memory is full." The automated voice only says "enter remote access code." 

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

1 year ago

Manual can be found online I'll try again to link it. If it's ringing 10 times it's like it's off or has lost it's set up information. Try going through the set again. If it doesn't work your your system may have gone bad.

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

1 year ago

Manual link OK I tried it and this one works. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.