charlesmoon3's profile

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, August 27th, 2022 10:58 PM

More than 3 rings before VoiceMail picks up

I have had 4 different calls & chats with Customer Service and NOBODY has been able to get my home phone to ring more than 3 rings before VM picks up.  I have followed all directions to try to set more rings online.  However, when I go to Account Overview, Manage My Phone and click it does NOT give me the option to manage VM features - VM settings - General preferences or select number of rings.  The last time I tried online, it stated that I should call AT&T to complete the task.  I called and the Customer Support person said he could not increase the number of rings, he never had this question before and he would contact a supervisor and call me back.  That was 5 days ago....no phone call.....no solution.      

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

5 months ago

So I'm assuming this is a traditional landline. If so dial into the voicemail and follow the prompts. You can only do it online with digital phone service, where the phone plugs into the back of a modem. Just to be clear you're talking about the phone company supplied voicemail and not your phone systems answering machine. 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

You have saved the day!  Thank you so much!  Wonder why AT&T couldn't answer my question - you're answer was easy and straight forward.  Much appreciated.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

5 months ago

Unless you can get to someone in the landline group, the front-line reps have no clue about traditional service they mostly work with digital services. It would be much easier if one of their many prompts were dedicated to POTS lines, but since they are being phased out that's probably not going to happen. Be nice if they could at least be trained to transfer people to the correct group on the first try. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.