For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Sharpe8669's profile

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, December 14th, 2022 10:30 PM

I can't get caller ID or phone forwarding, or review my bill.

How do I get a porting pin?

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

Is this a traditional landlines or digital phone service and with who.

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

It's a landline.  I keep getting asked what is your account number and I give them my phone number and they say it's not in the system and is not been activated yet I've been receiving calls for 3 months on it. I can't get a port pin or anything as far as features including call forwarding caller ID nothing

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

A traditional landline requires a package that has those features, they don't come with the basic package, they're add ons.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

See this topic on where to find the PIN on a POTS line. 

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

I've tried to add on, ive called 4 times with a agent from company I'm # porting to.  I can't get an account # from  att.  I never have recieved a bill from att, yet my number works.  I just know when I do get a bill it will be outrageously high.   I've called offering to pay bill, and att will not take my money...it's crazy!   Don't know where to turn?  Fcc?idk??

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

File the FCC complaint. Not sure how you're going to port a number that you've never gotten a bill on and have no idea what the account number is. 

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

They have my name, they have record of phone calls, they have checked that the line is ringing but somebody won't do the paperwork to do a history check on this line because I can't get anyone to give me a transfer pen I'm really at a loss of what to do.  I had to go by as soon to be obsolete phone answering machine just to catch my calls

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

I'm beginning to think that since I'm porting the number nobody wants to help me.  Nobody wants to do the leg work to figure out what's going wrong on this account.   I get it, if I'm not going to be making money for the company you have no effort no want to help me I guess but I need to get this done somehow some way.  When I call in to the landline service department I start out by saying I want to pay my bill.  The operator then says you need to wait till you get a bill to pay it.  It has been since late October when I hooked up the service.  And AT&T truck pulled up at my house a man got out and hooked up this phone line for me and then told me if I wanted any features just to call in and they would hook me up and he left.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?

You were already given a suggestion, file an FCC complaint. Though honestly it sounds like you are getting free service, not sure why you want to give that up.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

You don't call for a PIN on a POTS line the pin is part of the account number, which you say you don't have and can't get. The information on the PIN was posted and a link on how to find it. Since you stated you don't have the account number and can't get it, it was suggested to file an FCC complaint. We are customers not AT&T support; we can't get the information you seek. The "you" you're referring to I assume is AT&T, who you have to call, you can't get account or billing issues fixed by posting on the forum. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.