Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
G

• 

1 Message

Thu, Nov 26, 2020 2:43 PM

HBO Max

I got an email saying i get free access to HBO Max, yet on the ATT portal it states "Start your 30-day free trial with promo code A########4GMH8." Is it free or do i have to pay for it. if I have to pay for it then why is ATT sending misleading emails and here is the verbiage from the email i received: "Great news! HBO Max is now available on Amazon Fire TV and Fire Tablet devices. Now there are even more ways to stream over 10,000 hours of entertainment, all at no additional charge with your wireless plan."

Responses

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

7 m ago

That email went out to all AT&T customers to inform them that HBOMax is now available on Fire devices.

The email is mis-leading as not all AT&T customers qualify for free HBOMax.  From the website:

If you subscribe to HBO or have a qualifying wireless, TV, or internet service with AT&T, you can get the HBO Max app at no additional charge. New and existing customers with most plans and packages are eligible for a trial or promotional offer. Look for full details of plans and offers above. Not all plans and packages are eligible for offers.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

49.8K Messages

7 m ago

It is free if you have a plan that includes HBO Max. Yes, the email is misleading. The purpose of the email was to announce the availability of the HBO Max app on Amazon devices, not to imply everyone was getting it free. You still need a plan that includes it.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

7 m ago

@sandblaster   Someone should have proof read that email before it was sent out en masse.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

49.8K Messages

7 m ago

@skeeterintexas Yeah, proofread it or maybe not send it to every wireless customer, only those with a qualifying unlimited data plan. Perhaps that was the intent.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

21.9K Messages

7 m ago

But they want those who are not on a qualifying plan to upgrade to a qualifying plan.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

7 m ago

For clarity, what AT&T plans (wireless & Internet) do qualify for FREE HBO MAX because I have a feeling that there will be more posts with questions about that email.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

49.8K Messages

7 m ago

Of the current wireless plans, only Unlimited Elite includes HBO Max. There are a number of grandfathered plans that got free HBO. All of them get HBO Max. I’m not sure about all of the plan names, though. HBO Max with internet service is fairly new, not sure what plans include it.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

7 m ago

Well that's clear as mud (as my momma would say).

Get started...

Ask a new question