For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
John-M's profile

Scholar

• 

214 Messages

Saturday, November 28th, 2020 8:23 PM

How to install HBOmax app on Vizio TV Model M321i-A2

My Vizio TV Model M321i-A2 has Netflix & Amazon prime apps for streaming. I have learned how to install the ATT HBOmax app on the TV. Need your help.

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

@John-M   Look into a Fire stick (<$30).  It's a streaming device that attaches to your TV and you can download apps including HBOMax.

I have a Roku streaming device and I love it but HBOMax is currently not available on Roku.

(edited)

Scholar

• 

214 Messages

3 years ago

This post should read "I have not learned how to install the ATT HBOmax  on the TV.  Ecuse my slip.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

I have a Vizio Smart TV that came with pre-installed apps like Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc. but there is no way to add additional apps.

Check the TV manual or Google it but I don't think you can download additional apps.  I could be wrong.

Scholar

• 

214 Messages

3 years ago

Yes, believe my situation similar. I read the manual and did not find a section about downloading apps. Now sometimes my reading faulty. Also contacted Vizio about this situation. No answer yet probably due to the Holiday. Should I learn anything will post.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

3 years ago

You need to use a supported streaming device.

https://help.hbomax.com/Answer/Detail/20

Scholar

• 

214 Messages

3 years ago

As I do not possess masterful knowledge of web devices I interpret your response as follows:

• Vizio Model M321i-A2 Smart TV not capable of installing HBOmax without installing a device.
  • Vizio Model M321i-A2 cannot download apps.

Thank you kindly for your quick response.

Scholar

• 

214 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks. Yes I realize I can add a firestick and do have one HDMI port remaining on the TV. As TV wall mounted and cables behind sheet rock this would involve some effort and a longer extension for the electrical connection which I hesitate to start. I have sent 2 messages to Vizio without receiving a response. WHY? 

Believe I will consider a new smart TV, as they quite cheap. Would like to receive confirmation from Vizio that new models will allow download of HBO app. Should I consider different supplier will also investigate the app download function. Understand that the new models allow casting from your computer.

Appreciate your response plus suggestion.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having eh same issue and learned that 2018 and newer don't come with built-in HBO Max and can't install either. I do not like casting though as I have to cast CNN already. I will take this tv back and buy Samsung instead which has all 4 apps I needed, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, and HBO MAX LOL.. This (Edited per community guidelines)!! This is my first Vizio TV and will not get buy this brand again.

(edited)

Scholar

• 

214 Messages

3 years ago

Yes, you taking the proper steps. Suggest you also check how many HDMI ports on the set as well as the available apps. Be sure your salesperson knowledgeable and well trained on different brands.

Good luck.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Hi John-M,
Try this,

• First, Install the HBO Max iOS App or HBO Max Android App
  • Once installed, log-in using your HBO Max credentials
  • Make sure your Smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your mobile device
  • Start playing a movie or show on the HBO Max App and select the Cast icon in the top right
  • Choose your VIZIO SmartCast TV and it will start displaying on your television
    shagle azar

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.