For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
E

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, May 27th, 2020 8:53 PM

Closed

HBO MAX can't verify my subscription

Hi, I received an email from AT&T stating I am eligible for an HBO Max subscription at no extra charge due to having at AT&T Unlimited Plus wireless plan however when I try logging in to the HBO Max app it's telling me that it can't verify my subscription? Can you help please? Thank you

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

*SOLUTION - STEPS INCLUDED*

Like the OP - I too have the AT&T Unlimited Plus Plan through which I received HBO Now for free after needing to create a DirectTV Now account.

Confirm that you are using the correct USER ID. (ADHD People - KEEP READING)

This may be DIFFERENT than the login credentials you use to log into the att.com website to access your account information.

HBO MAX is requesting you to put your AT&T Access ID where it says User ID.

In my case it was the e-mail address I have associated with my AT&T (and the previous DirectTV Now) account.

To find your AT&T Access ID:

1. Go to att.com (Make sure you are logged out).

2. On the Login Screen click Forgot user ID?

(If it already shows your saved ID - click Edit and then delete the saved User ID)

3. Enter the e-mail address associated with you account.

4. Open the e-mail that is sent to you and note your AT&T Access ID: 

(Should be in blue text color)

Use that AT&T Access ID as your User ID for AT&T on the HBO MAX App / Website and you should be good to go.

Otherwise go to the following website and click on the blue banner at the top that says Hey AT&T Unlimted customers!  - atttvnow.com/accounts/select-plan

Hope that helps!!!

(edited)

Accepted Solution

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

SOLUTION

This actually worked for me today, Aug 23, 2021.

The phone number in this thread just had a busy signal so I did this instead. Called AT&T’s Customer Service Line. Fumbled through to get connected with a representative. Told her I needed to talk to the “Digital Assistance Center”. She spent way too long trying to determine if she could solve this for me. Finally, she transferred me to the Digital Assistance Center. I told them about my issue and the representative was able to ‘re-synchronize’ my AT&T & HBO Max accounts, so that I could log into HBO Max using my AT&T credentials. She got it to work for me while I was on the phone and didn’t end the call until I was logged into HBO. 

WOO HOO!!

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

Good Luck. I have spent all day on chat and phone calls about this issue as well(I have it via the Internet Plan) but this is again what AT&T seems to do. Put out stuff without actually testing any of it. It will probably be 6 months or more before they fix it, just like all the other things they have done with their other products.

• 

2 Messages

Same boat, got an email about a week ago saying it was free. Couldn't log in this morning. Did the chat and they tried to tell me it was only a month which isn't what the email or their website says. Then I called them and they couldn't do anything.

• 

2 Messages

I have this exact issue, been chatting and calling support for hours. What a waste of a beautiful day.

• 

1 Message

same problem, another pointless rollout/benefit people can't use. DirectTV NOW was the same debacle...

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

Here's what I did:

Logged in to my main ATT.com account
I saw a mention about how HBO Max is included in my AT&T subscription.
From there, it was fairly straightforward.
Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Baseballisback straight forward to get denied entry? Because yes, I can confirm Logging into your Main ATT.com account and seeing that HBO Max is included in my subscription and following the steps leads to: unsuccessful entry and account verification.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

4 years ago

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

That URL is worthless. Done all of that and it still doesn't work.

• 

5 Messages

Useless info. It's almost like you didn't read what people were posting here.

• 

11 Messages

They aren't. I have seen the same post over and over on everyone's complaints. All of which say that link's advice is pointless!

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I too have been having trouble logging in to the Max. Got a message from ATT saying with my Unlimited account I have access to HBO Max... to only have HBO max not be able to verify my provider.

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

4 years ago

I'm subscribed to HBO through DirecTv and tried logging into the iphone app. I have the same issue.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

same issue for me. been on multiple calls to att, been bounced around support enters and lines, even had one automated system hang up on me when I asked to speak to a human. if on any one of the automated prompts you ask for "login help for hbomax" you get parental controls. you would think they would have something for hbomax. i would have been happier if it said it wasn't sure what i was asking.

I do QA for a living, this is the worst roll out I have ever seen.

oh btw att your web portal for validating logins via a text is crashing, i see you use IBM... (again not very secure showing the error with the provider banner showing...)

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same issue. I have the wireless Elite plan which is supposed to give me free HBO Max. The person I spoke with on the phone verified that it is in my account but each time I try to log on it gives me that same error message. I hope they fix this very soon

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the exact same issue, and AT&T has made the issue worse with its clueless customer service. I was bounced around on the phone. I asked on Twitter, was told to DM them, but no one replied to the DM. No one repiled on Messenger either.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Correct, good luck! I have the same issue as all the people in this thread. Been going on before with HBOGO, and now MAX. Supposed to be free with my Elite Data plan, but it can never verify your login. Calls & Chats don't work.. AT&T is a joke! Tried in different apps, and browers, no luck. Always get the errors below..

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

Looks like they fixed it. I tried this morning but still had the issue. I just tried a few minutes ago and it worked!!! Now they just need to work out the deals with Roku and Amazon to get it on those devices...

• 

4 Messages

Same thing here. Working now. Try again folks, and hopefully you can get in now.

• 

2 Messages

Still not me, still says HBO MAX can't verify my subscription. Also can't go through the link on AT&T's site. I might have to get on the phone again. :(

• 

21 Messages

It's not working for me either. I had this same issue with HBO GO. I am starting to get very frustrated.

• 

2 Messages

this is a joke. Been w att for long time. This is how they repay us!?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.