Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
ATTKevin's profile
ATTKevin
#1 Star!
Helpful 1
Supersonic 25!

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

Mon, Nov 11, 2019 9:24 PM

The Outer Worlds – It’s not the best choice, it’s Spacer’s Choice!

Outer_Worlds_Poster.jpgThe Outer Worlds Release Poster - Oct. 25th, 2019Title: The Outer Worlds

Release Date: October 25th, 2019

Platforms: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Nintendo Switch (coming 2020)

Hello Adventures, Space Pirates, and Company Folk!

Obsidian Entertainment, the company behind Fallout: New Vegas, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II, and South Park: The Stick of Truth have released The Outer Worlds for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on October 25h, 2019!

The Outer Worlds is a new franchise for Obsidian Entertainment that takes place in the distant future where space travel is old technology, and corporations seemingly run the galaxy. In this dystopian future (depending on how you look at it) you awake from hibernation after drifting in space for 70 years on a lost colonist ship, the Hope.

At the edge of the galaxy, corporations control all aspects of life in Halcyon, and they are hiding a dark secret that could destroy the colony. As you explore multiple, distinct locations in the game’s vibrant world, you will encounter various factions, and meet a host of multi-faceted characters who may offer assistance in your missions. But choose carefully, as the actions and choices you make will determine how this player-driven story unfolds. Your choices affect not only the game’s narrative, but your character progression, companion stories, and different endgame scenarios.

For Fallout fans, this game will make you feel right at home – and it should. The co-game directors Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky are the original creators of Fallout. After a disappointing Fallout 76, fans of this genre have been pining away for a great Action RPG, and this should help bridge the gap until the next Fallout game is released (Later in the upcoming decade as Bethesda focuses on Elder Scrolls 6 and their new franchise, Starfield).

After 15 hours into the campaign, I can confidently say that if you loved Fallout or Knights of the Old Republic, you’re going to love your time on these outer colonies too.

Have you picked up The Outer Worlds? What play style are you currently running? Let me know your thoughts, builds, and tips below.

1 Attachment

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.9K Messages

2 y ago

I feel like this the game most of us, Fallout fans have been waiting for for years. I love it! My character it pretty much balanced overall, but for my next play through I want to make one as dumb as possible, to get those "dumb" conversation choices and try to confuse NPCs. It should be fun:D

I like the Firefly feel, the game is obviously heavily inspired by it. And I think my favorite story element is hearing my companions talk to each other, since every combination of 2 of them brings up a lot of unique dialogue and story to the table.

This might just be my game of the year, I even had to put the Borderlands 3 away the day the Outer Worlds came out.

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

2 y ago

What I've seen of this game is that it is liked by fans of Fallout, especially NV for obvious reasons, has a relatively short play time.  The friends I play with have completed their sojourn with TOW and have returned back to Fallout 76. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.