Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!
jenn24fan

Employee

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Feb 9, 2016 4:01 PM

Volume not working on RC73 Remote/HR44 Receiver

I just received a replacement Receiver/Remote for my Genie.  The remote control itself works powering both TV and Receiver on/off.  I can change channels no problem.

My issue is that I cannot change the volume on the remote. (Im having to use my Samsung Smart tv remote for power)

I had no issues with this on my other older receiver/remote.  Its ONLY a problem with this new one.

When toggling volume it comes up 'remote not programmed for this tv' so i attempt to go through the steps to program (which I think its already programmed since everything works... but hey)

I press and hold the Select and Mute till i get the 2 green blinking lights.  I then enter 961 and channel up/down.  obviously that all works but the volume still does not work.

HELP ME!!  ~too many remotes~

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Responses

nanckopf

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

3 years ago

We had a technician out recently for another issue and told him about the remote volume not working. He took the remote and did all this setup as described...when it gets to "try using the volume button on the control" it works fine. So I click on "it worked" and then back out of settings.  And guess what? Go to use the volume button and it doesn't work. I've gone back and tried several times. Same thing.  There is actually nowhere that I have the option of not choosing "samsung TV" which comes up. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am currently having the same problem. Turning channels working but not tv controls. I have followed every steps suggested online but nope, nothing. I refuse to call DIRECTV bc I don't feel like being on the phone for another hour or more. All they're going to do is send another technician and I would have to waste a day of work waiting around. No thanks! Please HELP!!!
nanckopf

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

3 years ago

We had DirecTV here for a different issue. I mentioned to the service tech that the volume couldn't be adjusted on the remote. He swapped out to a new remote and it works perfectly.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hello.  I know it's and old thread, but issues still remain.

Using HR-44 mini and rc73 remote, Sony 3200ES receiver.  I have found that the RF/IR settings are useless in this scenario.  Here is what I have discovered.  

Main Box works fine.  

I have 3 different remotes that work my entire Mini system EXCEPT VOLUME.  (Harmony 650, RC73, Sony receiver remote.)

All 3 remotes will work every feature INCLUDING VOLUME.......if........The mini is turned off..(LOL)  try it.

In fact, the volume will work for the first 5 seconds you turn on your receiver, just before the Genie fires up, then it somehow cuts off all IR signals to other devices.  I wanted to adjust speaker settings on Sony receiver, but with Genie on, IR was disabled , so i turned off Genie only and could adjust volume and access the receiver menu again with original remote. (its totally messed up I know). 

So basically when the genie turns on, it somehow cuts off all IR signals to connected devices. Cannot access even Sony menus with sony original remote until Genie is off.  The moment the genie is off, IR functionality in original remote (all) and Harmony 650 (volume) returns.  

Soon as DTV signal starts via HDMI, it disables IR on receiver.

Please someone figure this one out..

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

EDIT:

I turned OFF Dolby Digital on Genie Mini and PROBLEM SOLVED!

I'm using dolby sound settings on receiver for surround now.  Volume control restored.

nanckopf

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

2 years ago

A technician replaced our remote and the volume button works. He said they're defective sometimes.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Now I’m trying to go through all 33 codes and I’m on like code 13 and “try next code” won’t even work. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Very odd, just got all new boxes, tech had the old crappy remote working, of course we didn't get a new one, which was 8 years old. So we took the one from the basement, hardly used, but he had left already. We tried to program it, everything works but the volume, followed all the steps listed everyone here mentioned...still nothing. Guess the tech is getting a call back! Why do they make things so difficult? 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Same here - I have gone through all of the codes twice and the volume still does not work and the satellite remote will not turn off the TV now.  It had been doing that.?????

nanckopf

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

2 years ago

Call Directv. Your remote needs to be swapped out. Once we got a new one, it works fine for everything including volume.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for the info.  Will do that tomorrow.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

This did not work for my remote any other suggestions?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

This worked for for about 15 seconds & then the ability to change the volume with the DirecTV remote went poof! I do not understand how it works and then immediately stops working. Can anyone help?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

You are friggin awesome, I'll buy ya a beer or a shot if you're ever in West Texas, and you're 21 or older!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Same issue here - can change channels but no volume working on my DIRECTV remote and no mute button either. I do have a Yamaha Sound Bar as well. I can use it for volume and mute but since no channel buttons (why would there be) I now have to use 2 remotes. Everything was working an hour ago - asked my wife to hand me the remote and now it’s my fault - help save my sanity and marriage!