Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Sep 16, 2012 1:40 AM

two receivers/tv in one room remote controlling both tv's at the same time

I have 2 receivers side by side, an HR-24/100 the other is an HR25/500.  The remote is controlling both receivers at the same time and I can't program the remote to operate them independently.  I tried to program the HR25 to be controlled on the AV1 setting however it's not working.  I don't mind having to have two different remotes (both remotes are RC65X), one for each TV, as long as they work independently.  The two receivers are only next to each other during football season so I need to have the remote still work once the TV is moved back in to different room.  Please help.  

Responses

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.9K Messages

8 years ago

Use the front panel buttons to change the remote code for your Remote's "AV1" setting.  Then each Receiver will only respond to its own remote signals. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I've tried the advanced settings on the receiver and changing the remote.  I must be missing a step.  Can someone provide the steps I need to take?

• 

3 Messages

I recently added a bose solo soundbar using the optical input on my Samsung tv. I was able to reprogram the tv remote. How do I reprogram the RC 73 di

• 

3 Messages

I recently added a bose xender solo soundbar using the optical input on my Samsung tv. I was able to reprogram the tv remote. How do I reprogram the RC 73 di

https://discord.software/ https://omegle.onl/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have the exactsame problem (only on Sundays during football).

I have two different receivers - 

#1  - HR24-500 - Remote = RC65X

#2 - HR22-200 - Remote = RC64

Is there a step by step to marry the remote to the receiver?  If so, where can I find it, or can some share the steps??

Thanks!

tivoburkee

Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

8 years ago

Leave the first hr24 set to codeset 00001, now cover it while you switch the other hr22 to codeset 00003.

Start by programming code 00003:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 0 0 0 0 3

slide back to directv device on the remote and enter the menu of the receiver:

1. menu> settings & help> settings> remote control> Receiver Mode
2. you will see either Directv or av1/av2, click whichever to reveal both

3. chose av1/av2, remote will stop controlling the receiver, now slide to av1 or av2 on the remote whichever has code 00003, and exit the menu

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi tivoburkee. I have the same issue as the poster above, but I have 3 boxes on the same television.

I tried the steps immediately above with my H-21 and it froze up. I hit the reset button and it loaded back up such that I could operate it from the bottons on the box itself. Using those buttons I set the receiver mode back to DirecTV. Now it works with the remote just like it used to work, but I have the same problem as I did before.

I have a H-21, R-16, and R-15 on the same television. I next tried the advanced setup mode, but that didn't work either since the other boxes don't have the advance setup mode.

Any ideas?

I have 3 separate remotes, so either option below would be ok with me:

(a) Have one remote control all 3 boxes, but only one at time (using the directv, av1, and av2 positions).

or

(b) Have each box linked up with a single, separate remote.

Thanks!

Brett

tivoburkee

Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

7 years ago

The R15 & R16 share the same two IR codesets, 00001 & 00002. Where the H21 has 8 IR codesets, so it will be set to one from 00003 to 00008.

Using the Receiver Mode in the menu, all three can only be set to 00001 or 00002. So the H21 needs to use the Advance setup to get other codesets.

Leave the R15 set to code 00001. With the R15 & H21 covered,

Switch the R16 to code 00002. Start by programming code 00002 to AV1 on the remote:

1. av1
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0 0 0 0 2

Now slide back to the directv device and enter the menu of the receiver:

1. menu> parental, fav's, & setup> system setup> remote> receiver mode>
2. you will see either Directv or AV1/AV2, click whichever to reveal both
3. chose AV1/ AV2, the remote will stop controlling the receiver, slide back to AV1 which has code 00002
4. press DONE, exit the menu

Now with R15 & R16 covered, switch the H21 to code 00003:

1. av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0 0 0 0 3

Now switch back to the Directv device and enter the menu of the receiver:

1. menu> parental, fav's & setup> system setup> remote> advance setups>
2. press DASH key on the remote, its the key left of the zero key.
3. click on the Receiver #, to reveal a drop down menu, scroll  down to Receiver 3
4. click on continue, the remote will no longer control the receiver, slide to AV2 on the remote which should have the code 00003

5. done and exit the menu

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have really messed things up. I hope you can help me. I'm not dense, but unable to get this done.

two receivers, (HR 20 and HR 24-200) two remotes rc24  and rc65x

When I try to set the codes differently for each receiver....the test...hitting power....doesn't work. Or, if it works, the remote is still controlling both receivers. 

Please help!

For a few weeks now, I've wondered why things are appearing and disappearing on both receivers. Now I know why. But I can't seem to fix it starting from these directions.

Now I don't know where I am. I wonder if one of you could help me reset everything to factory (don't want to erase recordings of course) on the remotes and start me over step by step.

As if you're speaking to a martian (though I knew enough to set up the two receivers/my denon av receiver and blue ray in the first place. Just can't get this done.

thanks in advance

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

I had the same basic issue. I have 3 Directv receivers in the same room as the main TV. AT&T tech support said there was "no way" one remote can control each DVR individually. Searched the Internet for solution. Every link, but one said it could not be done.

?

It CAN BE DONE AND IT IS EASY!!!!! Go to the blog "How to do it: Control 3 DirecTV receivers with 1 Remote". blog.solidsignal.com/tutorials/control-3-directv-receivers-1-remote/

?

Follow the step by step instructions exactly and you have solved the problem. An overview is that each white DirecTV remote has 4 settings on front TV.

?

It is a shame this trick is not widely known. AT&T tech support needs to be trained to give the link when asked the question.

?

Phil Pluta

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

DTV is now using the RC7X remotes that don't have the slide switch so can't be programed that way and this post is 8 years old.

(edited)

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.4K Messages

@PhilP

Post is from 7 years ago. Remotes have changed from the old white universal RC6X series to the new RC7X (Genie or "peanut" style) remotes. The procedures and options are quite different between the two.

So suggested you start a fresh thread for your issue as equipment has changed a bit in that many years. At&T wouldn't have provided a link as they did not won DirecTV then. But I agree links to their official support page on certain questions would be helpful going forward.

https://support.directv.com/equipment/4028

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/remote_codes2

(edited)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

• 

4 Messages

@shannon02 You make a valid point. Please answer the question: How can multiple DirecTV receivers in one room be controlled by one remote. I have 3 receivers in my FR. I realize most DTV customers do not have multiple DVR receeivers, as I do. However most Sports bars will have multiple receivers. How can multiple receivers be controlled by one remote with today's modern equipment??? There should/must be a way (I hope).

Phil

(edited)

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

We need the model number of the remote and the DTV receivers model numbers to answer that.

• 

4 Messages

I am happy to hear back from you that there is a solution. Consider two different setups.

Setup #1 is 3 DirecTV Model HR54 receivers and one DirecTV Universal remote.

Setup #2 is 3 DirecTV Model HR54 receivers and one Genie remote.

Please give step by step instructions for both these setups.

Thanks, Phil (Edited per guidelines)

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.4K Messages

Double check those model numbers. Only one main "Genie/Genie Lite/Genie-2" (HR34, HR44, HR54, H44, HS17) can be on the account as works as a sever. So you cannot have multiple HR54s. Want to make sure any procedures to accomplish what you want match what you have.

Also Sports Bars are not allowed DVR models, as business accounts can only have non-DVR receivers. So home (residential) accounts get a little more flexibility.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

He wants to know how to setup each remote to control all receivers in the same room in each setup.

• 

4 Messages

Appreciate the feedback. Let me be very clear. The reason for having more than 1 DVR is to have additional Tuners. Personally, I have 3 DVRs for total of 6 Tuners (I have the older DVRs) in the same room as my main TV. I had wanted to be able to control each DVR individually, Thus, I am never limited in the # of shows I can record.

With one universal remote I can individually control each DVR using the switch on the remote (D, AV1 and AV2). I learned how to program the DVRs and the one remote from the blog link I quote above.

I pose the following question for the benefit of others who want this capability who have the newer Genie DVR and Genie remote.

Simple Question: with the Genie equipment, can you individually control both of these DVRs with the one remote? How about 3 DVRs?

Phil

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.4K Messages

You can have 1 Genie and multiple HDDVRs, so plenty of tuners and recording space to go around. Just cannot have multiple Genies is all. I point that out as you did ask about 3 HR54s which is a Genie model.

With the old style (RC6X series) remote you can in theory (software and hardware changes in new models) control multiple boxes from the same one. Just have to switch between the modes for each of course. And this would only be in IR mode.

The new remote (RC7X series) is not designed to control multiple devices (no mode selection switch or equivalent). So just one DirecTV box and TV.

***As this is a public forum, make sure to remove personal info (full name, contact info, etc.) for your privacy and protection (per the forum rules).

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…