Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Thu, Mar 23, 2017 2:28 PM

Two 100 dollar Visa rebate cards promised when switching TV service from Uverse TV to Direct TV

Please summarize what our family has to do to submit for these rebates.  There are many different suggestions and experiences when customers change over their TV service, and some are posting they never see the promised rebates at all.  Thanks!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Gerry143

Former Employee

• 

36 Messages

3 years ago

Please be informed that redemption status of Directv Gift/Reward Card may take up to 6-8 weeks from service activation/installation. You may check the status of the gift card on this website http://directvosl.rewardpromo.com/directv/Search

You can also visit this website directv.com/redeem (must have/create an online account)

If the status is unavailable after 6-8 weeks of service activation, please feel free to reach us at 1800-531-5000, so we can further check it. Thanks.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Gerry - thanks - I was told when we agreed to changing over (that is what the AT and T customer service staff in California suggested when we spoke to them) that we were going to get two rebates of 100 each (one was for the wireless boxes, and the other I guess was for changing over, but am not sure).  Anyway, the link shows one of them, but it doesn't appear that the offer has been mailed to us yet, for approval, because there is no mailing date on it.  I  understand that once we get the validation card, and send it back, it will still take a few months or so - but how do I check on the status of the other one?  Thanks, Shane

Gerry143

Former Employee

• 

36 Messages

3 years ago

Hi Shane!
I cannot answer directly because we have types of redemption, the one that that can be redeemed online and the other one which will be mailed to you. It would be best if you login at www.directv.com/redeem so you will get the full instruction on redemption of your gift card. With regards to your other $100 gift card if that does not appear, we might need to actually see the order itself to check if there is another card for you. Feel free to reach us 1800-531-5000 so we can look it up for you. Thank you.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

The link for the direct TV rebates just goes to the direct TV site, and there are no options for rebates - that link was just a waste of time, didn't do anything different.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for your help. The Direct TV rebate was processed through the website and just got my 100 rebate Visa card.  The AT and T card came in the mail, and I just submitted the request for that one, and should have that one by early May. We are customers since Bellsouth days, and the rebate process is definitely working much more honorable now which is a great improvement through the years.  Thanks again.

Gerry143

Former Employee

• 

36 Messages

3 years ago

No worries Shane. Great to hear that you are able to claim your gift cards! Thank you so much for being a very valued member of AT&T family! We will certainly make every effort to have the best possible customer experience. Have a good one, Shane!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I was promised a 250.00 Visa gift card for signing up for Internet thru AT&T.
Nearly a year later ,I'm still waiting! Disappointed customer!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

I was the one that posted this message, originally, and I (thankfully) had no problems at all.  Both cards came at different times, and both cards had their own expiration dates, which could be checked on a website, along with the balance on each card.  I almost forgot to use one of them, which expired at the end of this month - if you didn't get any rebate card within 60 days or so of your install, I am pretty sure you are having an additional issue (like lost mail or something like that). I'd call Direct TV since they are going to issue the rebate card to you. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I was supposed to get a 100 reward card for signing up and it has been 2.5 months, havent gotten any mail or email about it. 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

1 year ago

@Love0228 wrote:

I was supposed to get a 100 reward card for signing up and it has been 2.5 months, havent gotten any mail or email about it. 

Redemption details should have been provided in your order confirmation. 

See also https://forums.att.com/t5/DIRECTV-Account/DIRECTV-Billing-and-Rewards/m-p/4877114#M3325

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.