Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jan 17, 2019 5:54 PM

temporary service address change

can I change the service address temporarily so that I can  get local channels in my RV?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

a year ago

@bradleys023 wrote:

can I change the service address temporarily so that I can  get local channels in my RV?

No,  not any more.  Once upon a time they were willing to temporarily change your service address when travelling.   But there "new system" forces the support rep to trigger a true move, not just a temporary location change.  So you'll need to use an off-air antenna when travelling.  Or subscribe to their "Travelers Package" and get the East/West Coast locals. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
HandyBob

Mentor

• 

67 Messages

a year ago

no they wont do anything for you. they wont even change my locals to my house where i work on a pipeline. they want to come into your house when you dont need them and charge you $199. theyre bunch of snoops.

• 

22 Messages

Snoops? They're a bunch of crooks! Congress hammered them on their locals. Starting June 1, 2020, a new setup will emerge and all the stuff we've put with ends!