Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Feb 28, 2016 8:04 PM

syncing direct tv remote with different tv

We bought a new tv, and moved old tvs around house. How do we sync the tv with the direct tv remote and genie that is in that room??

Responses

Sky456

Former Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

4 years ago

If you have a RC7X remote, try pressing the Mute and Enter (under the number 9) at the same time and it should sync with the receiver.

Then go to Menu > Settings & Help > Settings > Remote Control > Program Remote and then look for the TV option to set it up to control the TV.

• 

1 Message

Thanks. It could not find my new TCL 32S237, but it did try.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

We bought a new TV, how do we sync the TV with the Directv remote? My remote model is RC66RX.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53K Messages

3 years ago

@jjpcutaie, what model DVR/Receiver do you have?   With the RC6x remotes, typically you would use the DVR/Receiver's Remote Setup menu and follow the steps to find the correct code for your brand/model HDTV.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…