Snow, Ice and your DIRECTV Dish
Are you concerned that snow and ice will interfere with your TV viewing?
No worries; we’ve got you covered.
- DIRECTV Satellite Dishes are designed to prevent snow and ice accumulation on the surface of the dish. NO need for external devices or sprays!
- Extensive testing has shown that dish covers are ineffective and might cause problems with signal reception.
- DO NOT spray silicone, PAM or any slippery oily coating on your DIRECTV Dish. The chemicals in these substances can damage the surface.
What about locations with extreme wintry conditions?
- A dish heater can be used to prevent snow and ice accumulation on the dish.
- What is a dish heater? It is a peel-and-stick adhesive that holds the heating element to the front of the dish.
- You can purchase it online from satellitemart.com or cyberstore.com for approximately $80-$180.
NOTE: DIRECTV Technicians do not install dish heaters. Please hire a professional.
DO NOT attempt to install it yourself.
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService