Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!
whitup

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 3:23 AM

Snow Covered Dish

Had a snowstorm last night, haven't had reception for over 24 hours now.   I've been told Directv won't come and clear the snow as part of their service.  Is this true?   It's a two story house and I don't have a ladder big enough to get on the roof and even if I did I'm not risking my life to do it.   My question is what do you suggest I do?   Am I just suppose to  wait till spring?

Responses

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

The link does not work.  Article no longer available.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.9K Messages

2 years ago

Just do a web search for dish heaters.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

That is the worlds most ridiculous reply. Do you live in the South? The dish is BURIED because you guys install only half a foot off the roof now. Mine that I owned was 3 feet up and I never had a problem. I went to cable when  I went without service for 3 freakin weeks, and got charged for it

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

What planet do you live on???  A super soaker would NEVER do anything or even reach it, if you could get thru the waist high snow to get to it. What a joke

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.2K Messages

2 years ago

@haug0099

A "super soaker" is only a suggestion when there is build up of snow on the dish. Nobody is saying to use it if your home itself is buried under snow. There is not one solution to fit everybody as terrain and weather is different depending what area of the planet (yes same planet as you) you live on. Some people get a dish heater from 3rd party retailers that offer them. An alternative would be installing a pole mount in a location that you can reach easier to clear off the snow.

If standard installation of satellite service, as per OSHA regulations, does not work for you then there are 2 choices. Pay a 3rd party for a custom installation (or do yourself) or go with a non satellite service. Though by your comment "I went to cable when..." it sounds like you have, which means nobody in this forum can help you as you don't have DirecTV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.