Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jun 10, 2016 9:38 AM

Satellite Dish Issue

I moved into a townhouse which I rent on 5 Aug 2015. The previous renter had Direct TV, so when I signed up for services, the Direct TV replaced the satelitte and mounted it in the same location as the prievious dish.  Late May 2016, I received notification from the HOA that I needed to have my satellite dish moved from my front yard. I had a Direct TV technician come out to move the dish.  He (I do not have his name) informed me that due to the townhouse was facing, the current location of the dish was best place to receive a signal (in the front on the ground) or on the top of the townhouse in the front. Neither of those options are ok with HOA.

HOA infomred me that if I got a letter from Direct TV, with Direct TV letterhead, the dish could remain in the current location and the letter would be placed in the file for future tenants/purposes. How do I get a letter from Direct TV? 

Important points to remember: A technician has already came out, so sending another technician is fruitless. I need something to give to HOA.

Thank you for your time.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

4 years ago

The FCC gives you rights that your HOA can't take away ....

My landlord or condo/homeowner’s association won’t let me install a satellite dish, or told me to remove dish.  What can I do?

The FCC actually has regulations that limit how your landlord, condo or homeowner’s association can  restrict your access to satellite TV services like DirecTV.   In a nutshell the FCC’s Over the Air Reception Devices (OTARD) rules allow you install a satellite dish wherever you need to, provide it’s located in an area for your “exclusive use”, such as a patio, balcony or deck.   More details here ….

www.directv.com/fcc and https://www.fcc.gov/media/over-air-reception-devices-rule

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

LowDownJ

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

4 years ago

I don't think you'll be able to get a letter but this article on the FCC website might help.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/over-air-reception-devices-rule

brisak

Professor

• 

1.4K Messages

4 years ago

Photoshop

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you!!!!!!
brisak

Professor

• 

1.4K Messages

4 years ago

None of that is going to help you if that dish is on public ground like out infront of your condo. The only was the fcc can help you is if they are trying to restrict the placement of a dish under you exclusive control
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

4 years ago

It helps if the "front yard" is their "exclusive use" yard.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.