Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
P

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Jun 1, 2020 1:40 PM

Replacement Wifi

Had to replace my old wifi with new Comtrend 3120. Have tried using all info I can from this new unit to manually get wifi back to my Genie Gen 3 receiver. Nothing is recognized. Any suggestions?

Responses

teetertotter

Teacher

• 

239 Messages

a month ago

Did you try hardwiring via ethernet? Maybe replace with Netgear or ASUS? Return the Comtrend. Call Comtrend for help???

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.2K Messages

a month ago

You need to restore the network defaults then rerun WiFi setup.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Defaults in the router or Genie, or both? Thanks

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.2K Messages

Genie

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

a month ago

On the Genie (HR54 I assume by 3rd generation), Menu > Settings > Internet > Advanced and reset the Network defaults. Once done then you may run network setup to locate and connect to your new router.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

• 

3 Messages

Thanks to all. Did a red button reset and that allowed the receiver to search for my wifi. Entered my password and it connected. Again, thanks.

Get started...

Ask a new question