Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Give Mom a virtual hug with our Mother's Day Gift Guide.
daveatpmi's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Aug 1, 2007 1:44 PM

Remote does not control Olevia TV

I just purchased an Olevia 527v LCD TV. My remote for my H20 receiver does not control the TV. I've tried the 1 supplied code for this brand of TV to program the DirecTV remote and it does not work. Any suggestions? Anyone else have this issue? I'd rather not have to purchase a separate remote to control both.

Responses

testerx

Professor

• 

5.2K Messages

14 y ago

The new RC64 remotes have additional Olevia codes and should solve your problem. At the moment, the only way I know to get one is to order the universal RF remote from the DirecTV web site. You'll get an RC64RB which is RF capable and has illuminated buttons.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

14 y ago

Thank you for your suggestion.

I checked that remote out online and for $25 I will probably do that. Other low-end learning remotes are more expensive and do more than needed for a TV in the bedroom. I need to basically turn the TV on & off and control the volume. I think and hope this remote will do it for me.

Thank you again for what I hope will be a quick, economical and easy solution.
tgriff

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

14 y ago

I USED ONE OF THE RCA CODE TO PROGRAM MY 32 OLEVIA.
WORKS GREAT OFF AND ON AND VOLUME.
I HAVE THE CODE AT HOME,I CAN LOOK TONIGHT AND HAVE THAT FOR YOU TOMORROW OR YOU CAN TRY ALL RCA CODES.
WHITE REMOTE(RC23/RC24
TG

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

14 y ago

Hey thanks. If I have time tonight I will try the RCA codes. Otherwise I'll check back to see if you were able to post the code # you used.

dap
tivoburkee

Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

14 y ago

The first olevia either responded to the RCA, yamaha, philips, or lg codes. But the current olevia use a codeset no other tv brand ever used before, thats why the rc64rb is the only remote that has the code. no other directv remote.
tgriff

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

14 y ago

RCA CODE 10019 WOULD BE THE CODE I USE TO PROGRAM MY
32 OLEVIA TV, HOPE THIS WILL HELP.MY TV WOULD BE ABOUT 1YEAR
AND 6 MONTHS OLD,SO WHAT TIVOBURKEE SAID COULD BE CORRECT.
TG

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

14 y ago

Tried the codes for the various brands over the weekend. No luck. I did order the RF remote late last week. It should deliver today or tomorrow. Hopefully that will be the solution. Thanks everybody.
tivoburkee

Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

14 y ago

The code to use in the rc64rb is 11610.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 y ago

HI,
I have the RC23 Directv remote control and a 32in. Olevia tv. I am tired of using two remotes! Does the RCA code work? Please tell me I don't have to buy another remote! Thank you all of you helpful people out there!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 y ago

i too have this television. i have a directv universal rc32 remote. i have tried these codes and none of them work... a lot of them are the rca codes:
11331,11447,10047,10019,11610,11144,11240 and all of the listed rca codes.... any suggestions anyone
tivoburkee

Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

14 y ago

The only code that will work is 11610, but it is only found in the rc64 series of remotes. When entering a code if you don't get two blinks after the fifth digit it is not in your remote.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 y ago

AN FYI - I had the same problems with my Hughes Series 2 Directivo. I gave up on codes and purchased a cheap Philips PHDVDAL "Universal Digital DVD" remote from Fry's for $20. It works great for the Syntax using the Syntax code, and of course for the Directivo and my Toshiba DVD.

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3811407

Hope this helps.

Get started...

Ask a new question