Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jan 27, 2016 5:36 AM

RC73 Remote Control

I have a SONY Theater sound system STR-DG501, which does not come up as I search for audio devices on my Genie receiver. However when I select STR-DG500, the system tells me, "It Worked!" I'm then able to turn off the system, leading me to believe I'm done. Once I click "done," then try to adjust the audio volume, I then get the same dialog box that tells me that the remote is not programmed. Several attempts just don't work. Any ideas?

Responses

brisak

Professor

• 

1.4K Messages

5 years ago

Just select dont know my model option then cylcle through codes untill you get a working one
brisak

Professor

• 

1.4K Messages

5 years ago

After its says it works you have to opt to use
Audio device rather than the tv to lock volume
Sky456

Former Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

5 years ago

^^ Also,

To enable TV Volume to be operated by the remote control:

Press and hold the Mute and Select buttons down at the same time until the green light flashes twice, then enter the code 993 and press the Volume UP button.

To disable control of TV Volume and enable control of the audio device's volume:

The same method except press the Volume DOWN button.

• 

2 Messages

Thanks for this. I now remember having to do this on my other receiver to get the RC73 to control the AVR volume instead of the TV volume.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the tipŠbut unfortunately, it doesn¹t work. As soon as I push the
UP volume button, I again get the message that the remote has not been
programmed.
Sky456

Former Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

5 years ago

Ah, okay. Then you may have to go back through the re-programming steps of setting it up for the audio device and then select the Volume Lock option via the menu of the receiver if you see that option.

brisak

Professor

• 

1.4K Messages

5 years ago

Make sure you program tv volume first or it will not work
Then program audio device

Get started...

Ask a new question