Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Mon, Jul 20, 2015 8:25 PM

RC73 Programming Coby television

Hi,

I'm using my rc73 from my Genie with IR and I want to program my Coby 40 inch tv (not sure model number).  I've used 12315, 12314, 11531 and 11738 and I can't get it to work.  On a related note, I can't get my old RC64R remote (also on IR) to control the tv.  Are there other codes to try or what else might I be doing incorrectly?

Thanks!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for all the help - I basically took bits of everyone's response and I'm up and working.  Here's what I found.

1.  The RC73 will work with non-Genie remotes, however, they need to be reset and programmed in RF on the Genie.

2.  Step by step, I reset the remote. (remote 1).

3.  Remote 1 was then put into RF mode.

4.  After putting in RF it prompted me to program TV and receiver, which it auto-learned after letting it know the brand.

5.  I then switched the volume button to use the receiver volume, not the tv volume.

6.  Remote 1 complete.

7.  I received multiple remotes which I wanted to use for the other televisions which are leveraging non-Genie DVRs (I have a Genie and 4 regular DVRs).

8.  For remote 2 - Repeat steps 2 & 3.

9.  When it prompted me to program the TV, I would identify the correct brand of TV and then I would go into a different room to get in front of the TV I wanted the remote to work and press enter.

10. Once the remote quit flashing, I would go back up to the Genie TV and complete the process.

11. Then I would go back into settings and switch the remote from RF back to IR.

12. Now, remote 2 would leverage my IR repeater AND control the television and not conflict with the Genie.

13. Repeats steps 8 - 12 for remotes 3, 4 and 5 and I have one extra remote.

Thanks, I wouldn't have been able to get this done without everyone's help.

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

5 years ago

What model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

The satellite receiver is an HR24-100, I'm not sure what the tv model is.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/remote_codes2

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

5 years ago

The HR24 is not a Genie

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, the remote is a RC73 remote, which I'm using in IR mode, on a HR24.  It works as a directv remote, I want to program the remote so that it will also control my television.  The installer told me that the RC73 remote will work with any previous model of dvr in IR mode, but I can't get it to program my Coby.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks, what's interesting, or telling as the case may be, is that when I click on the RC73 remote, the box that comes up has a place for TV and satellite, does that mean you can't run the sound through a receiver since it's not an option to program?

shannon01

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

The RC7X remotes are made to be programed in RF from an HR44 Genie or C41/51 mini and are intended to be used with them

The following code is the most popular for your brand.

Setup Instructions
  1. Turn on the TV manually or using the original TV remote.
  2. Press and hold the "Mute" button and the "Select" button at the same time until the green light on the top of the remote blinks twice.
  3. Using the number key, enter the first digit of the code above. Wait for the green light on top of the remote to flash twice
  4. Enter the remaining 4 digits of the code above.
  5. Aim the remote at your TV and press the "OFF" key once. Your TV should turn off. If it does not turn off, repeat the steps above, trying each code until you find the correct code.
  6. Tell us if it worked!
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

5 years ago

The RC7x remotes really aren't designed to work with the HR2x HD DVRs. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

5 years ago

You can run sound through an AVR, you just wont be able to program the RC73 manually tho to an AVR, you need a compatible receiver.  You are better of using an RC6x series remote.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

That seems to be true.  However, I should have opened another thread.  While I can't get the RC73 to code to my Coby on the HR24.  Another RC73 also won't code to my Yamaha RX-V667 receiver on the HR44 (brand new Genie installed today).  I can get along with my RC64R, but I would like my RC73 to work on the Genie it's designed for.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks, so even with an RC73 AND a Genie, I can't get the RC73 to control the volume on the AVR?  I'm new, it seems I can't hit correct on this, sorry about that.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I realize this is basically a second problem, sorry about that.

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

5 years ago

You can use the HR44 to code for the Colby TV, there are more codes on board the software that there are manually.  Try to code the RC73 for the colby then after that you can tackle the AVR on the HR44.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Coby codes...13478...12306...12314...12315...12344...12348...press mute and select until the green light blinks twice...enter the first number of the code and pause for the green light to blink twice again, then enter the last four digits, then check the volume