Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
S

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jul 1, 2020 5:09 PM

Projectors that respond to all remote control futions

I am in need of a new projector.  Can anyone suggest a projector that is compatible with the Genie remote?

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

a month ago

Genie remotes will only control volume and on/off.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.9K Messages

a month ago

The RC7X series (Genie or "peanut style") does not control all functions of a projector or other device. It is for power, volume, and changing input/source only. Everything else is for DirecTV.

The old style white universal RC6X series had mode selection that could control many functions of other devices. But it wasn't guaranteed and costs more to produce. So DirecTV went with a more appropriate remote going forward.

If you want a true universal remote, you will need to try ones from a 3rd party.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question