Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!
A

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jun 1, 2020 7:04 PM

Poor Customer Service

Worst customer service I have EVER experienced! Well over an hour wait just to have Mikeal or Miguel give poor response to my request & even less regard when asked to speak with their supervisor, Honey. Poor training, poor leadership.

Warning: Do Not Use This Service! Will never use this service! F-

Responses

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

3.3K Messages

a month ago

So what was your request?

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

I have to admit, the customer service is pretty bad. I think it’s a systems issue, because the reps I speak with all seem to understand my requests, but they seem to always go wrong. One example was when I had to call 4 different times to remove premium package. Was same deal we all experience at some time, free trial expires then “wow this is expensive” it took several months and multiple requests to get that removed. (And seriously we were not gaming the system to get free hbo I swear) they referred back to notes from the original rep to get me credited for it finally. Today I’m on hold for another mess up. Yesterday I called to remove one of our 3 receivers, because, well, we don’t use it. The confirmation email was accurate, but today, my machine says we only have one device, and to select the one to remove. Why? I mean, it’s bizarre but I legit have bad luck changing anything.

Note- the reps themselves are extremely kind and genuinely show care and concern. But... the system seems to often have issues accurately capturing changes.

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

3.3K Messages

@az_mark
Minis are different than a regular receiver when deactivated, regular receivers don't require any other actions from the customer when being deactivated, however, minis require the customer to delete it from the GENIE'S system after it's deactivated on your account. Csrs don't always explain that.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

Clients (Mini Genie or RVU) after deactivation must be unpaired in the Genie's menu. This is because they are not deactivating a box by the access card, since Clients share the Genie's access card. So it only knows how many it is authorized for, but not exactly which one should be unpaired until you tell it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*

• 

2 Messages

Thank you both. I was confused sine the initial rep asked for the serial number off of the unit being disconected - I guess that led me to assume they were updating it in the system. I did ask if any additional steps were required and was told a pleasant “no” just to mail back the unused mini. I’d also add that the process for removing one is really not intuitive, though it could be with some software enhancements. It was also cryptic because we didn’t experience any issues until the next day (main box was used later that evening w no issue). The message stating only one place was authorized did throw me for a loop given we had 2 access points remaining.

Essentially customer service could have saved my call if they mentioned the process or emailed instructions. Nbd but annoying since wait time was about 30 min both calls

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.2K Messages

You take returnable receivers to a UPS/FedEx store with your account info to scan them in and keep the receipt unless you are 10 miles from one then they FedEx a box to take to the Post office to mail them back.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*

Get started...

Ask a new question