Picture quality suddenly went bad on one TV in our house
We have 3 tvs connected to DirectTV. On on a main DVR receiver, and the other two on mini receivers. Today, the picture quality on one of the tvs with a mini receiver went bad. It now looks like the brightness is gone, and all you can see is dark, color shadows of the image.
To diagnose, I did the following:
- Reset the mini receiver box; picture quality is still bad
- Reset the main receiver box; picture quality is still bad
- Swapped the HDMI cable with a new one; picture quality is still bad
- Moved the HDMI cable to a different input port on the tv; picture quality is still bad
- Swapped mini receiver box with the other one in our house (it was working fine); picture quality is still bad
- Disconnected/reconnected coax cable (that runs outside from the room with the TV problem) at the DirectTV splitter outside the house; picture quality is still bad
- Checked the Netflix app on the Roku tv, and it has the same poor picture quality
So, it seems like either the splitter is having issues, or the cable to the room with the problem tv is faulty.
Any other things I can try before scheduling a service call?