Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!
dctoney

Mentor

• 

86 Messages

Thu, Aug 28, 2008 8:03 PM

Philips TV With New DTV Unit

Unfortunately I just had my old TiVo R10 unit go out and used the protection plan option to get a replacement. In programming the remote, I can get the DTV remote to operate every television function except turning the TV on. I can turn the TV off - I can change inputs - I can change volume. I just can't turn it on. When in the TV mode, it does everything including turning it on, but of course, this doesn't work my DTV receiver. The only options DTV support gave me was to use two remotes -- one to turn it on -- and the DTV remote to do everything else OR switch the mode switch on the DTV remote to TV, then turn on the TV, then switch it back to Sat mode to do everything else. Surely this isn't the only option. Those options went out with black rotary phones and VCRs flashing 12.12.12.12.

Responses

• 

2 Messages

1 week ago

Wow. Sorry for the Necropost, but over 10 years and still no response? These guys at AT&T are really clueless. I've spent a lot of time and money to NOT have two remotes and only have 1. I bought several IR Blasters to do this but now DirecTV wants me to use the Genie Remote (RF) which is terrible. It even makes navigating the UI which is already laggy enough have MORE lag, if you can imagine that!! DirecTV is the ONLY device I have to ruin my Smart Home setup. I have the same issue where the DirecTV (IR) remote will change volume and inputs but the CEC functionality of it must be broken b/c it does NOT work. AT&T ruined customer support and it seems they're hellbent on ruining hardware and software as well. And if that isn't their plan, to completely run a good company with a good reputation into the ground, well they are in the wrong business and should all search for a new job.

It takes a certain kind of ignorance to accidentally screw up a company this bad! Who's working over there, mice or chimps?

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

And further, as soon as news broke that AT&T bought DTV, everybody knew that the end of quality DirecTV satellite service was imminent. Everybody but AT&T exects and shareholders? Do they care? The lack of response to this thread will answer that question!!

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

This is a customer to customer forum not DTV/AT&T support and the post was made long berfore AT&T came along.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.5K Messages

@bmello777

Some posts never get a response as this is not customer service, but a public customer to customer forum. And there has been a great change in equipment in over 10 years. TiVOs haven't been made for DirecTV in a long time, with the last attempt being the THR22. So DirecTV is sticking with in-house boxes that are fully compatible.

Besides, why would AT&T respond to a post that was made over a decade before they acquired DirecTV? The poster either got their answer or moved on, in addition to that equipment no longer applies.

So for other customers to help with your issues it is suggested to start a fresh thread. Make sure to include the model numbers of the equipment you have with the full description of the issue. Many times the community here can find a solution, or least give guidance pointing you in the right direction.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.