Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Mar 27, 2020 6:49 AM

No service

Not have signal on my DirecTV for months now I've had three technicians come out here they told me it was illegally installed and there was nothing that they could do to fix it so I've been paying for a service I have not been getting I want a complete refund

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.2K Messages

2 months ago

This is a public forum of other customers so we cannot refund anything. You must call DirecTV, but they have very long hold times right now with many call centers closed for Covid-19.

However, why did they say the install was "illegal" and they couldn't fix? Perhaps some guidance could be given. And also include the details of the technical issues as well (error message, symptoms, model numbers, etc.) and perhaps we can give some guidance there also.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

Inquiring minds wanna know what was "illegal" about it?

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.9K Messages

And why wouldn't DTV shut off an illegal setup?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.2K Messages

Something doesn't sound right. Need details of the service problem itself, but also why techs were claiming it was "illegal".'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

2 months ago

Does it simply say "no signal" or lost signal? No signal simply means your TV is on the wrong input although 3 on site techs should have been able to determine that