Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
H

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Sep 20, 2020 8:09 AM

My LNB picks up 101 and 103, but 99 is 0. Bad LNB?

I replaced my old LNB with a new one. 1.2 meter dish (Alaska) is dialed into 101, it and 103 are in 90’s to 100, but 99 is all 0. Is this new LNB defective? I still have the old one to swap back.

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

a month ago

What model are the boxes you have connected to it? They are shutting down some old feeds which might affect this. Also what dish do you have and what LNB did you just get?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Hello, thanks for the inquiry...the receivers are an HR54/500 and a Genie, the required dish here in Alaska is the 1.2 meter, and the LNB is the required DTVAHKAKU. The previous homeowner here was an installer and he left several new in the box LNB’s. I had to move my dish off the roof, and thought a new one on it was a good start. The old one was working fine, but either the dish move to the ground pole found that one strategically-placed tree to only block the 99 signal completely or the 99 eye on the new LNB is defective? Our current tech here dialed in the dish to the 101, all tuners high 90’s to 100, 103 good also. But all 99 tuners are 0. I’m just thinking of putting the old LNB back on...couldn’t hurt?

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

I just checked signal strength on 101, 103(ca) and 103(cb), all in mid-90’s to 100, on all 5 tuners, using all available transponders.

99(ca) and 99(cb)...all 5 tuners, using all available transponders are still 0’s. 

Overcast/rainy here today, and I haven’t swapped the LNB yet...even if I had a tree partially blocking the 99 signal, wouldn’t I get a little signal strength, even in the red or yellow? 

I’m still hoping for an eye problem, and yes, I should stop typing and swap the LNB’s! It’s football Sunday!

Get started...

Ask a new question