Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

1 Message

Thu, Mar 26, 2020 9:40 PM

Incorrect service order

My DVR stopped working and I scheduled an appointment to have it replaced with no upgrades. When the technician came he said an order was put in for an upgraded dish and 4 boxes. I just need 2 boxes to replace the ones that don't work

Responses

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

2 months ago

what boxes do you have?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

2 months ago

What does the order confirmation email show, it seems like someone may have setup a swap order which is a little different than an upgrade, if you have older standard definition receivers they would need swapped for mpeg4 equipment. This swap order doesn't have a commitment but an upgrade would. So what does the order confirmation show?

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

2 months ago

A warranty replacement is just shipping the box. Sending a tech is normally an upgrade as the order confirmation would have shown.

The only exception is if your boxes, and possibly receiving dish. are so old that it was not simple plug in play. What are the models of the problem boxes?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*