Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Fri, May 3, 2013 2:50 AM

HR23 compatible with Winegard RT8035T?

We recently purchased a motorhome that has a Winegard Minimax RT8035T satellite on it and I am trying to get my HR23 receiver to work with it but not having any luck. The receiver is activated and works fine in the house. I guess my question are these two compatible and if so what do I need to do. I keep getting errors saying it cannot find signal...Thanks!  

Responses

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

7 years ago

Yes it is compatible but you wont get any HD channels.  if you house has a SWM system, you must change the dish settings first 

Here are the steps to change the dish settings.

From the Menu 

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to - select Parental, Favorites, Setup - press Select button

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select System Set Up - press Select button

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select Satellite - press Select button

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select Repeat Satellite Setup - press Select button

Follow the on screen instructions and press the - Dash button

A new screen will be shown

Use the Arrow buttons navigate to Switch - then press the Select button

In the drop-down box use the Arrow buttons to highlight  02 Multiswitch then press Select button

Use the Arrow buttons and highlight Dish Type - press the Select button

In the drop-down box use the Arrow buttons to highlight 01-18" round then press the Select button

Use the Arrow buttons to navigate to Continue until you can hight light - Watch DirectTV

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Just tried this and got a error message saying " There is a problem communicating with the satellite dish (775)". What is this? Any other ideas to try? THANK YOU!

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

7 years ago

you had it connected to the Winegard and the sat 1 input at the time and it was aimed at the 101 sat?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53K Messages

7 years ago

Quote: Originally Posted by mx955 

Just tried this and got a error message saying " There is a problem communicating with the satellite dish (775)". What is this? Any other ideas to try? THANK YOU!

It means your Receiver is still configured for your home's Single Wire Multiswitch dish.  Follow the previously posted steps EXACTLY.  Note that you must select "Multiswitch" BEFORE specifying the dish type, even though they're in the opposite order in the setup menu. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
dcd

Expert

• 

22.6K Messages

7 years ago

And, as Shannon posted, you must be connected to the Winegard dish at the time you do the reconfiguration.  In addition, you must then aim the dish and get a viable signal in order for the receiver to lock the "multiswitch" setting.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I have done everything suggested in above posts & still having same problem..

Checking signal strength I get all zero's?

I have verified dish is powering up & moving & proper cable is going from "main" from Minimax dish to the receiver "satellite in 1".... Any other suggestions? 

dcd

Expert

• 

22.6K Messages

7 years ago

You have dish set to wrong type, you need 01-Round.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Quote: Originally Posted by dcd 

You have dish set to wrong type, you need 01-Round.

Tried in 01-Round (18") same result..

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I just ran a new cable(RG6) down & through the window from the main on Minimax to the #1 imput on the receiver,same result.

cabletech

Guru

• 

590 Messages

7 years ago

Since that dish is configureable for both DISH and DTV, it is possiable that it is setup for DISH.  Follow the manual for dish configureation and besure it is set for DTV.

Therir is a control box with is antenna that push a button and it will auto find the correct sat once you have the dish setup correctly.

After setting for DTV, connect the cable to your reciever, go into the sat setup menu and then select 01-round with mulitswich.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Yes it has been set to Direct TV...it has 8 switches and for Direct TV front mount which it is the switches should be all up except for #8 which is down. They also have settings for rear mount with Direct TV that has #1 & #8 down with all others up,I tried with these settings and had same result...frustrating

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53K Messages

7 years ago

While not likely, perhaps that dish is defective.   Do you know that it worked before you got the RV?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Quote: Originally Posted by litzdog911 

While not likely, perhaps that dish is defective.   Do you know that it worked before you got the RV?

No,I do not know if it worked before I got this RV,I bought it used...it's a 2010 model so i's not that old. The RV did come from Texas and I am in Pennsylvania,are there differences in satellite dishes because of that? I didn't think so...

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53K Messages

7 years ago

Nope.  Satellite dishes don't care where you're located in the US, provided they're aimed properly.   Your problem is either caused by the dish not aimed correctly, or a defective dish.   Perhaps a nearby RV dealer that installs those dishes can help you out?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

It's working now! I talked to Jared at Winegard and he walked me through everything. The problem ended up being my neighbors trees! I was parked about 30-40ft from them but he had me move to a open area and it worked..Thanks to everyone for all the help and thanks to Winegard tech Jared...he rules!

My settings ended up being: 18" round,multiswitch & single.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…