Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

Voyager

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Sep 18, 2020 6:32 PM

How does AT&T and Directv customer service continue to be so horrible?!?!

To my friends at AT&T ...

Do you want to make an investment in your business that will greatly improve your revenue? Start spending some money on customer service and quit treating this part of your business as the ugly stepchild!!!!

I just spend 45 MINUTES on the phone, and was passed to three different call centers trying to make a simple appointment to have my Directv dish re-installed. 45 MINUTES!!! Just to make an appointment!! That's a joke!!

And even worse, the best appointment I could get was in 2 1/2 weeks.

And I know this isn't simply a Directv thing. I've gone through the same battle with my separate At&T Internet service.

It's incredibly obvious you do EVERYTHING you can to limit access to customer service for existing customers. It's an incredibly stupid strategy. I've used your customer service three or four times in the last three years, and every time it drives me one more step to Comcast Internet service and YouTube TV.

And one of the calls was 3 1/2 hours to renew my service.

If I was upper management, my mind would be blown that a customer who wanted to renew was nearly lost. It's laughable.

Imagine if you invested in customer service rather than doing everything you can not to spend on it. I'd bet the house it would pay for itself in renewals. But that's too obvious.

But go ahead and ignore my post. We'll see what happens over the next several weeks while my kids and I discover more options online rather than quickly getting Directv up and running.

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

a month ago

Covid-19 closed call centers and left the open ones short staffed.

You don't renew a DTV contract once it is over you are month to month.

This is a customer to customer forum only the few employees on their own time and the moderators read these post not DTV/AT&T.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

a month ago

Because of Covid, they had to temporarily close many call centers. They are severly short staffed right now, including techs. So with that and extra time and care that needs to be taken during appoints, this has resulted in the long hold times and being booked out a while. After all they have millions of customers, and only so many call center agents and techs not subject to stay at home guidance.

Your service has no need to "renew". The agreement/contract only renews if you get a promotion or upgrade of equipment that comes with a new agreement. Otherwise you continue service as you choose without an agreement.

I agree there are concerns in quality of customer support right now between AT&T and DirecTV information that needs to be improved. But hold times and a having an open appointment 2 and 1/2 weeks out (not excessively far out) are understandable results of Covid.

As for your post being "ignored", well this is a public forum of other customers. This is not contact with customer support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question