Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jan 9, 2015 6:16 PM

How do I connect my genie mini to a soundbar?

I bought a Samsung soundbar recently and I am having trouble getting it connected to my tv which uses a Genie mini.

My soundbar can accept an hdmi, coax or digital optical. Since the mini by default doesn't output digital sound through the hdmi, connecting the soundbar to the tv via optical digital cable was a bust.

Which cords/adaptors do I need in order to get the sound from the mini to the soundbar?

Thanks!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.4K Messages

5 years ago

Of course the mini-client outputs digital sound via HDMI....

The problem is that your TV won't output DD5.1 thru its optical port if the audio came in over HDMI, it only outputs PCM audio. This is a limitation of many (most) TVs and is nothing to do with the DirecTV miniclient.

You need to connect the sound bar to the digital audio coax port on the mini-client. If the sound bar only has optical audio input, buy a digital coax to optical adapter, about $12 at monoprice although a google search might find them at less than $10.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you, this is helpful. I've ordered the converter and a digital coax cable and will try it out!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have a LG sound bar model SH3K that I am trying to connect to my genie mini can you please help me with finding the correct adapter.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

4 years ago

@Stumped07, what model Genie Mini do you have?

What input on your LG Soundbar do you want to use?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

The model number is C51-100

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

As far as the input I don't care, whatever will work
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

3 years ago

This dongle cable will provide the red & white analog RCA audio jacks to connect to your Soundbar ....

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=10pincompos

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.