Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jan 25, 2016 5:29 AM

Genie® Remote won't work with Bose Solo 15

Hello Experts,

I just received DirecTv on the Dec. 11th and now changed the sound bar to a Bose Solo 15/10. I went thur the steps to "Change Audio Device" and selected Bose and tried the 2 Solo setting and also the "I don't know". In most cases while in the setup mode, the volume does work, but the power does not work and after I select "It Worked", and exit everything, the volume does NOT work and the power still does not work.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Ron

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

The RC7x remotes can't control power on/off for devices like Soundbars. You'll have to rely on HDMI CEC, if that's available with your equipment.

regarding the VOL, after you select "it worked" you need to select CHANGE VOL LOCK and set the lock to AUDIO DEVICE

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.9K Messages

4 years ago

What model of Genie do you have and the remotes model number?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

That did the trick ... thanks

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

@rcgusa you are welcome.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

What is HDMI CEC, and how do I rely on it?  My soundbar input is out of the TV, as it has to provide sound for the Blu Ray DVD as well.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

4 years ago

@JBrits wrote:

What is HDMI CEC, and how do I rely on it?  My soundbar input is out of the TV, as it has to provide sound for the Blu Ray DVD as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Control

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.