Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Dec 9, 2019 10:15 PM

Direct TV / ATT Visa Reward a Scam?

Is receiving the ATT Visa reward a scam when you sign up with Direct TV?  I was told I would received the rewards card and when I didn't, I contacted Direct TV, they informed me that I needed to contact ATT, I've called three times and each time I've been placed on hold for over 30 minutes.  Because I have a life, I had to hand up each time.  This is my fourth time calling, I've been on hold for 40 mins now.  I think it's a scam and they just put you on hold in hopes that you'll hang up and never claim the reward.

Responses

Accepted Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

2 months ago

@mhuerta10yahoo wrote:

Is receiving the ATT Visa reward a scam when you sign up with Direct TV?  I was told I would received the rewards card and when I didn't, I contacted Direct TV, they informed me that I needed to contact ATT, I've called three times and each time I've been placed on hold for over 30 minutes.  Because I have a life, I had to hand up each time.  This is my fourth time calling, I've been on hold for 40 mins now.  I think it's a scam and they just put you on hold in hopes that you'll hang up and never claim the reward.

Not a scam. You need to follow the instructions provided with your Order Confirmation to redeem the Reward Card.  Then you can contact the Reward Center:

https://forums.att.com/t5/DIRECTV-Account/DIRECTV-Billing-and-Rewards/m-p/4877114#M3325

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.