Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!
patetcmi

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Sat, Dec 7, 2013 6:54 PM

Can't Program Directv Remote to Work With Samsung Smart TV

I can use the guide to select a channel but the volume and channel selector won't work and I can't turn off the TV using the remote.  I've tried to reprogram it using the instructions on this website but none of the codes seem to work.  I'd like to be able to control the TV with the Directv remote. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

8.7K Messages

2 years ago

there is an onscreen setup under the menu system

follow the instructions

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Li-Daniel

Guru

• 

1K Messages

7 years ago

There are a few things you can try. However make sure you are aware that Directv doesn't guarentee that the remote control will program to your TV, only the Directv Receivers.

So first you could type in "Remote code" in the search bar. You can put your brand in and get the codes.

Secondly what type of receiver do you have? You can treat it as an XMP setup if you have a newer model tv. So you can go through the menu on your tv, and select the brand, and it will automatically receive the codes until it works. That is 99% fool-proof, and it is the easiest way to program your remote. Sometimes just following the directions through the website and doing it yourself through the instructions doesn't work. Try going through the menu first, because your tv is most likely smart enough to do the auto-receive method.

Hope this helps!

Jenny/Tech Support

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

7 years ago

there are different ways to program the remotes based on the receiver and remote model that you have.

Please tell us the model number of your remote and DirecTV receiver

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Hello and thank you for trying to help. We have a Samsung Smart TV and using both TV and DTV system remotes.

Remote Code RC65RX

DTV Model# HR24-200

Please advise steps to allow single DTV remote operation of TV and DTV systems.  

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

2 years ago

@CasperG6 wrote:

Hello and thank you for trying to help. We have a Samsung Smart TV and using both TV and DTV system remotes.

Remote Code RC65RX

DTV Model# HR24-200

Please advise steps to allow single DTV remote operation of TV and DTV systems.  

Start here ....

https://forums.att.com/t5/Remote-Controls/Having-trouble-with-your-DIRECTV-remote/m-p/4880120#M27028

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
MizTek

Scholar

• 

53 Messages

2 years ago

CasperG6: the following link will provide an excellent guide for the HR24 series DVR:

Program your HR24 Universal remote for your TV.