Cable requirements for new DirecTV dish install
I would like to pre-wire the coax for the dish from the structured cabling setup in the basement to the desired antenna location which will be near the roof line on the back of the house. I know that Solid Core Copper RG6 is needed for power distribution but not sure on the exact requirements.
1. How many coax cables will be needed for the antenna feed?
2. Does a ground wire need to be provided at the antenna site? If so what gauge ? ( 10 gauge ? )
3. is there a grounding block that is installed at the antenna site?
4. If a ground wire is required does it need to be a home run to the electrical ground point or the bond to the water entrance or is a grounded connection sufficient? A home run to the electrical panel would probably be about 40 or 50 feet.
5. Anything else I may have missed for the antenna install? clearance for eaves etc?
6. Each desired TV location has 2 RG6 cables to the wiring panel in the basement. Some are SCC and some are CCS.The longest run to the panel is about 50 ft max.