Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
P

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jul 31, 2020 4:07 PM

Been Hooked just to contract Directv

Previous this week I sales person called me offering me a bundle: Satellite Internet and DirecTV ,  and she generated 2 orders, telling me I will be paying 150 USD bundle,  but when the technician arrives he just installed DirecTV , but when I  called the internet company they told me they were not able to install internet on my area,

Service order cable

account

Telephone number

800-288-2020

Internet

Telephone number

I know that DirecTV did their job and im ok with it, but since the beginning I was lie by the person who sold or created order 56808000027757800 because she knew I wouldn’t be able to receive what she offers me via phone, and I was just hooked for getting Directv.

I want to cancel my DIRECTV contract because im not feeling comfortable with it.

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

2 months ago

You only had 24 hours to cancel DTV without the ETF/ECF of around $480.

Don't know why they can't install your satellite internet as it is just like DTV if they have a clear sight to their satellite it works.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23K Messages

2 months ago

Most likely that was a 3rd party sales agent, not AT&T or DirecTV itself. They send orders to other companies. That is why it is important to check the order confirmation from the company as that shows what you are getting.

DirecTV and your internet (even if AT&T) are different accounts, which means different service agreements. You only had 24 hours from install before the agreement was secure for DirecTV. After that the early cancellation fee (ECF) is valued at $20 for each month remaining. So if you cancel this month, 23 months remaining would be a $460 ECF.

You could call DirecTV and verify what sales company that order was received from. Then you can call the 3rd party to lodge a complaint.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question