Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

• 

1 Message

Fri, Sep 18, 2020 9:04 PM

ATT equipment removed without permission or knowledge by landlord

I live in a 4 plex.  The dish that provided my satellite coverage was already mounted on a balcony beam.  The 4 plex was sold and nothing was ever said about the dish mounted.  Along comes a construction crew who takes down my dish without my permission or even my knowledge to construct a new balcony.  I have had a direct tv dish for 2 years without any problems.  But now the dish is down and I am not getting a signal.  I have been told by the construction crew that they cannot replace the dish such that I will get a signal.  According to the "property manager" and I use the term loosely I will have to contact the satellite company to have it reinstalled.   In short, I will have to pay for what she has done.  My question is does she have the right to arbitrarily remove property under lease, already accepted by the property managers, to remove it and then to incur all costs to have it replaced by me.  

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

a month ago

You own the dish. Per Federal regulations (OTARD) you may have it installed in an area under your exclusive control.

Check the landlord/tenant rules for where you live. They should be required to give advance notice of any construction that will affect you, so you can arrange accordingly. You will need to call DirecTV to install the receiving dish again (or provide new one if needed), but it depends on the rules where you live and your lease/rental agreement if you have to eat the cost or if the property manger/landlord, etc. must reimburse you or have it deducted from what you pay monthly for your rent/lease.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

a month ago

Not quite so simple.

Was the dish installed at your request or was it there when you moved in?

Is it installed in an area under your direct control (not in a common area?) ?  If not, did you get written permission from the landlord?

Is the dish mentioned in your lease agreement?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question