Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
B

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 8:26 PM

why won't Direct TV send a return equipment kit

I have asked three or four times for Direct TV to send return kit.  I asked long before the Covid mess.  I still have NOT

received a kit.  The UPS store is over an hour away, which rules out drop off.  

They have now charged me account for failure to return.

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

22.8K Messages

2 months ago

If a participating return center is over 10 miles away, then they should use the old process of sending a return kit. This is sent to your physical service address by FedEx (through back to them is by USPS per the shipping label). I would call and verify your service address (not mailing address) is completely correct and see if they can pull up the tracking of the return kit to you.

Getting a non-return fee (NRF) should mean it is a returnable model. But just so all bases are covered, in case there is some sort of error, what model is the box?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I called and called.  I finally drove the 50 miles each way to a store.  Not a happy camper with the service they provide.  They sure are quick to collect your money though!

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

22.8K Messages

a month ago

If a returnable model and a participating shipping location was that far away then they should have used the old process.

For future reference I would double check if there are any closer ones. But yes if over 10 miles the legacy return process should have been used. Probably an agent not familiar with the correct process.

How To Return The Equipment 

Go to a FedEx or UPS location with your account #. No need to bring a box or label, the equipment will be boxed it up & shipped out at no charge. The process takes less than 5 minutes. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question