Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 4:53 PM

Why didn't the Genie keep the tv presets?

Why didn't the DirecTv Genie DVR keep the ability as the non-DVR receiver to program to go to a certain channel at a certain time? This is one downgrade that was uncalled for. I used it every day so I wouldn't miss a few certain shows or a movie I wanted to watch. Now I may miss several minutes of certain shows because it won't preset to go to that channel.

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.9K Messages

a month ago

DirecTV DVRs, even before the Genie, do not have Autotune. The DVR function replaces it. Since Autotune is a niche function, only used by a small subset of customers, most agents don't think of mentioning the difference (if they are even aware of Autotune themselves).

If you have the regular Genie (HR34, HR44, HR54), then you can have HD non-DVRs (or even HDDVRs) on your other TVs, instead of just Clients. The Genie-2 (HS17) server tower only allows Clients, so doesn't allow you to mix and match like the regular line.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.