Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 9:16 PM

which remote for hr44 500

The remote I have been using for quite a while for my HR44 500 receiver is a RC65R. It is starting to wear out. When I called, besides wanting to charge me for a  new one as if paying $174 a month is not enough, they want to send me the RC73 model. I have this for my mini genie and I hate it. You can't easily delete a show after watching, you can't check the time left on a program without pausing it, it's too small, etc. The person on the phone told me that they can not program the RC65R to the HR44 500 anymore. Which I don't understand because that is what I have now. If it is only because of the IR/RF factor, I couldn't care less if I have to point the remote at the tv to use it. Can someone please explain this to me? If i buy a RC65R remote on eBay, will I be able to get it to work? 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53K Messages

a year ago

Yes, an RC65R remote will work fine with your HR44. That's what I use with mine.  But you can only use it infrared mode, not RF.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

a year ago

Thanks, And that just means I  have to aim it at the tv, is that correct? Because that's fine with me.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53K Messages

a year ago

@tooexpensive99 wrote:

Thanks, And that just means I  have to aim it at the tv, is that correct? Because that's fine with me.

Right.  I assume that's what you were doing before.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

a year ago

They are cheaper online, you own the remote so DTV charges to replace it unless you get the protection plan.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…