Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

PCDKgee

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Mon, Feb 24, 2020 12:01 AM

What's up with these unwanted "MANUAL" Recordings ?

Recently my DVR List began to show "MANUAL" recordings of shows that I did not request. Where is that coming from? The shows bear no resemblance to my viewing history so if this is a "feature" it is clearly NOT working to the user's benefit!

I have posted previously regarding some of the issues I have with the DVR/LIST software ever since ATT absorbed DirecTV, but this one is a new and particularly irritating change. Whomever came up with this idea in ATT/DTV management needs to be shown the door as soon as possible.

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

a month ago

You or someone set them up not DTV.

While all providers collect anonymous viewer data they don't care what you watch.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.4K Messages

You or someone in your household set these up,not the DVR.

Are you by any chance in an apartmernt or somewhere else with a shared dish?

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
PCDKgee

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Wow - quick response, but I'm sorry, Shannon, in spite of your "ace" rating you know NOT of what you speak. As the only user of this system I'm pretty sure I know who is requesting recordings here - and it is not me.

Rather than dismiss this legitimate complaint out-of-hand, I would expect an "ace" to sit back and see how widespread this DVR behavior is.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

I’ve never heard of a DVR scheduling it’s own manual recordings nor have I ever seen anyone else post such behavior. So, how widespread is it? Appears to be only you. How about some specific examples.

PCDKgee

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

'I’ve never heard of a DVR scheduling it’s own manual recordings'

Well - NOW you have !

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…