Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Feb 7, 2018 3:42 AM

what DIRECTV equipment do I need to return?

I have more equipment than is listed on the items to be returned.  One of the receivers is not wireless but was recently replaced so it is new.  I also have the receiver that was replaced that does not work.  I have the wireless bridge, all the power cords and about 10 remotes.

Do I return everything? or just the items listed on the sheet?

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

a year ago

@khark wrote:
It is a HR54-500 soI am sure they want it back. It has been a week since
I was given the tracking number so I don't think that is the problem.
The woman I talked to told me that she was not able to email the
tracking number to me which seems a bit strange to me, almost like they
don't want anything in writing that I could use as proof.

Yes, the HR54 is absolutely returnable as that is current equipment.

Agents cannot simply type up an email to send out. They can request an order confirmation be resent, so if the return kit had generated one then that is an option (provided they have the correct contact email on file of course). I would call DirecTV back, when you get the voice system say "cancel" to route you to a retention agent who should be more experienced. Have them verify the return kit order and to make sure you are being provided the correct tracking number.

A FedEx store that participates in the return program can accept the HR54 without a shipping box. This is because FedEx boxes it up themselves, part of how the new process works. If they say you need to provide a box, then they are following procedure for normal shipments which means either that location doesn't participate in the return program or that the store rep doesn't know how it correctly works.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question