Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Jun 4, 2020 7:37 AM

Very disappointed with remote access

So my DirecTV DVR is accessible on the Internet and I have recordings that I want to watch when I travel. VERY problematic. Most of the time it doesn't work. I'm an IT Professional with over 45 years in the business. I couldn't imagine what a normal customer goes through if I'm having issues. I'm not happy with support as well. There solution is to ALWAYS reset the box, which deletes all my recordings. You need to improve your technology or face a longtime customer leaving DirecTV. I long into the web portal via my laptop and I don't see any of my programming. I've been dealing with this for years. Smart devices are hit or miss. BTW, I have the HR44 DVR

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.2K Messages

a month ago

Right, as the DTV Mobile app no longer supports streaming outside of your home network, you have to download them to the mobile device and DTV only allows you to watch the channels on their website from a computer/laptop ypu can't access anything on the HR44 from a computer/laptop. Resetting the HR44 doesn't delete anything, the hard drive maybe going bad.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21K Messages

a month ago

Streaming DVR outside of home is no longer supported. Feature was removed March 2019.

With the 2nd generation Genie (HR44) or newer models you can copy recordings to your mobile device (smart phone or tablet) while at home for use while traveling. Stays on mobile device for 30 days. And viewing is for on the mobile only as the app disables video upon trying to cast, airplay, etc.

A red button reset, or even doing a full power cycle, should not delete a single recording. Only if you do a full reset back to factory settings by the menu option should a complete clear happen. If your recordings are deleting from a normal reset or power cycle, then that is a technical issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thanks for the complete update. Too bad about the feature removal.

Get started...

Ask a new question