Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
C

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jul 2, 2020 11:29 PM

transfer recording settings

I am expecting a replacement Genie2 and am looking to transfer my recording settings from old device to new device. Note I want to transfer settings and not specifically the actual recordings.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.7K Messages

a month ago

Unfortunately nothing is transferable between any boxes. You set up the new box fresh any time you get one replaced, whether by upgrade or warranty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Cstarman922

Employee

• 

579 Messages

a month ago

Like the recordings, settings are non-transferable. It is recommended to take a picture of upcoming series manager recordings in order to set them up on the new receiver. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
lyradd

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

Good luck setting up your old programs on the new DVR! If you have over 90 season passes like me, the majority of them are not currently on.  It will take you months, or over a year, to get them all set up again. It's outrageous that DirecTV hasn't given us the ability to transfer these settings somehow.

• 

2 Messages

Overall I think it’s a very poorly thought out system and sadly options are very limited where we are. Hopefully one day I can switch to 100% streaming solution and dump satellite. It really would not be hard to add ability to export recording settings and import, never mind making it a one click solution. 

Get started...

Ask a new question