Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.
rlmyers

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 7:03 PM

Screen Saver on Pause Playback

I just noticed that on pause I am getting ads, pictures, stuff that looks like a screen saver.

Where is this coming from?

I see no setting for any screen saver function on any of the receivers.

Pausing PBS recording of Sandition last night I started getting a bunch of nice photos on the display.

Says push any key to resume!

I can not find anything about this.

This is something new!

Comments?

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

4 weeks ago

If your system is connected to your home internet, instead of the bouncing logo screen saver you will instead see screen advertising shows and movies. Previously there were also scenic pictures, but they moved to a complete advertisement based one.

Though I am disappointed the nature scenes are no longer there, it is tolerable as the purpose is to prevent image burning into your screen. If it ever goes to video/audio, as opposed to going through their static images, that will be an issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
rlmyers

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

Thanks for the response but that does not answer my issue, question. Why all of a sudden did this start happening? There was no update, and there are no setting to control it. Never happened until yesterday.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

Strange as this updated within the last couple years. Unless your box was just connected to the internet, then you may have been one of the last to receive this change. As is downloaded and delivered from internet, it is not a full software update from the satellite, but just background info.

There has not been an option to control screen saver settings on DirecTV equipment. The only option is if you fully disconnect your system from internet, it should revert back to the bouncing logo version.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.