Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Mar 14, 2018 12:50 AM

saving dvr programs to external drive

How do I save programs recorded on my dvr to an external drive? Upgrading to Genie but don’t want to lose programming I have saved on my dvr. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

36K Messages

2 years ago

You don’t. There is no way to transfer recordings. The only way to save recordings is to connect some sort of recording or capture device and record/capture them on that device.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for the prompt response. So I can’t just use a external drive or computer hard drive? Sounds like I would need some sort of specialized device. 

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

2 years ago

Because the recordings are encrypted to the DVR and will not play on any other DVR.  You can us a video capture device to record to a computer in SD and real time.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…