Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
S

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Sep 21, 2020 2:45 AM

Running receiver self-check won’t quit.

The power went out 6 days ago and all my other receivers work, but a older dvr will start up and get to “running receiver self-check“ and stay on that for days. Normally receiver would shut off after 4 hours of inactivity. I have hit the reset button a few times. I have removed the card and reinserted. I have unplugged for a full day and retried. I tried to refresh receiver online, but it says page not found when I click on the link for it. 

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

a month ago

What model is the box? Do you have a SWM box (will have a light that should be steady green, not blinking or off)? Are any other boxes having an issue.

Likely the box gave up the ghost with the full power outage you had. If so then you need to call DirecTV for a warranty replacement ($19.95 delivery). But as you mention "older", what are the models of all boxes you have? Just in case replacing it might affect anything else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

HR 24 100 is box not working. SWM is steady green. Other boxes are working. HR 44 700 genie is one of them. The other 2 boxes are in my camper, I will need to get model number later, but they both worked this week. Customer service line closes at 9 pm, so I haven’t gotten ahold of them yet. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

a month ago

HR24 is the most recent non-Genie HDDVR and you are already on a SWM setup with a Genie, so nothing special needs to be done there. So a warranty replacement should be all you need. As a note, if offered do not "upgrade" the HDDVR to a Mini Genie Client or the entire setup to the Genie-2 (HS17) as it would downgrade your setup.

The RV would be on a separate cabling network, so will not affect the HR24's issue. As long as the boxes in the RV are an H or HR model (or R22) then you are protected for the MPEG-2 shutdown, provided the receiving dish is also MPEG-4.

DirecTV closes at Midnight EST all 7 days of the week. AT&T's departments tend to have shorter hours. So make sure you are calling the correct side of the service.

https://support.directv.com/contact

Customer Service

800.531.5000 | Pay Bill Order Movies Refresh Your Receivers
General support daily, 8 a.m. – 12 a.m. ET

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Ok thanks. It was the number you have listed for DTV that I called. I will try to get ahold of them again. 

Get started...

Ask a new question