AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
C

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Sep 11, 2020 7:48 PM

Return Equipment

I am trying to return equipment.  All I keep getting are automated responses that say "Just simply take to a FedEx or UPS store and they'll do the rest."  I am literally 50-125 miles away from either one of those stores and when I try to explain as such all I get is another automated response saying "Do not understand" this is for work NOT my personal amusement. I need a return label or at least a response from an actual person NOW.

Responses

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

a month ago

What equipment?  Internet? DirecTV?  Uverse?

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

a month ago

@custom4793348 

What are the models of your DirecTV boxes? Perhaps they are not returnable.

If you are over 10 miles away from a participating location, then you call DirecTV and they use the old process of shipping you a prepaid return kit. When you get the voice system say "cancel" and you should be routed to a more experienced retention agent to help you with this.

I would double check to see if perhaps there is a nearby location you weren't aware of, just so all bases are covered.

How To Return The Equipment 

Go to a FedEx or UPS location with your account #. No need to bring a box or label, the equipment will be boxed it up & shipped out at no charge. The process takes less than 5 minutes. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question