Refresh Your DIRECTV Equipment – A Solution from the AT&T Community Team
Did you receive a message about refreshing your box? Have you been getting error messages, or not sure you have the latest software? With an equipment refresh, you can solve many issues you may be running into.
A refresh can resolve:
- Missing channels
- “Channel Not Purchased” and “Service Expired” Errors
- Not having up to date software on your box
- Frozen screen
How to perform a refresh:
- Go to Account overview > My DIRECTV > Manage my plan.
- Choose Refresh service under Manage & learn about equipment.
- Select Refresh Receiver.
- Wait 5 minutes. Your DIRECTV service may be interrupted during the refresh process.
Note: After 5 minutes, if refreshing didn’t fix the problem, try restarting your receiver. Learn how to reset your DIRECTV receiver.
Bookmarks You Should Save
DIRECTV Support Hub - A great resource of troubleshooting solutions.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.