Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
Tleake12

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Sun, Dec 31, 2017 1:59 AM

Red Circle with slash

how do I get the red circle with the slash in it to go away? I restarted every DVR in my house and in my house and can only play it in the bedroom. It shows up red circle in every other room. I restarted the bedroom DVR and it still shows up everywhere except the bedroom. I recorded the movies downstairs and they same thing happens throughout the house. Is it time for new DVRs. I have a genie HD DVR, and another HD DVR I record on.

Responses

Tour_Guy_Bob

Scholar

• 

243 Messages

3 years ago

What are you trying to do when you get the red circle with the slash in it? This will help to determine the root cause, as it could be caused by a couple of different things.

Tleake12

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

Watch the movie

Tour_Guy_Bob

Scholar

• 

243 Messages

3 years ago

Okay.... Let me phrase it this way:

• Is the movie a rental?
    • If yes where was it ordered and where are you trying to watch it
  • Are all of your DVRs set to share playlists?
  • Is the DVR you are trying to view from connected to the internet

If you're ordering on the genie and trying to watch it on a non-genie HDDVR it won't necessarily work due to the fact that the non-genie HDDVR has it's own access card, and it is therefore not authorized to view the movie.

Tleake12

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

• Is the movie a rental? No it was free on TNT on demand 
  • Are all of your DVRs set to share playlists? Yes
  • Is the DVR you are trying to view from connected to the internet? YES

For some reason the recorded (on demand) shows can only be watched on the DVR recorded and not it any other room it has the red circle of death.  All receivers have been restarted including the one recorded on. This includes on demand movies.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.4K Messages

3 years ago

I’ve noticed this same thing with downloaded on demand. I’ve got two DVR’s and can’t watch on one DVR on demand programs from the other DVR. I’ve also seen something I don’t recall seeing before, when I start to play a downloaded on demand program, I see the “getting ready for playback” just like if watching on demand (not downloading first). I have not tried this yet but maybe if you start the playback on the target receiver long enough to get past the “getting ready for playback”, perhaps then it will be playable on other receivers.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tleake12

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

Tried your suggestion and it did not work. You figure directv would chime in here and tell you how to fix this problem.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

It means that you already have two shows being set to record at a given time and cannot record a third show. One will have to be cancelled and recorded at another time period.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I also see the same thing.  I have 3 DVR's in my house and I can't watch from my whole house setup. I see the shows that are recorded on the other DVR's but can't watch any of them. They are shared. still see the red slashed circle. I didn't have this problem untill the repalced my whole house Dvr.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

@Aeromac wrote:

I also see the same thing.  I have 3 DVR's in my house and I can't watch from my whole house setup. I see the shows that are recorded on the other DVR's but can't watch any of them. They are shared. still see the red slashed circle. I didn't have this problem untill the repalced my whole house Dvr.

Have you tried resetting all of your boxes?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

I have seen this with recorded on demand programs that were recorded on one HDDVR and then try to play on another one. It will only play on the HDDVR that it was originally recorded on. 

bcharmah

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

a year ago

I now have the same problem, but the problem is brand new... and only on the bedroom receiver, which I've had for years. For example, I've recorded the whole season of "Better Things" but only watched half of them, and I deleted the ones that have been viewed. Just a few days ago, I decided to catch up on the show and was baffled by the red slash circle symbol on all remaining episodes. I could not play them. I checked the few episodes of "Veep" that I had left remaining on the receiver, and those were fine. I checked one more show that I had recorded, "What We Do In The Shadows" - which I hadn't started yet, and found all of those episodes have the same red circle symbol.  So, why is Veep fine, but the two other shows are not? They were all recorded from OnDemand. Just to be clear, when trying to view them on the bedroom receiver, the main TV in the living room is turned off, like always, and nothing else is being recorded, viewed, or anything.  Resetting the receiver did not work.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

a year ago

@bcharmah wrote:

I now have the same problem, but the problem is brand new... and only on the bedroom receiver, which I've had for years. For example, I've recorded the whole season of "Better Things" but only watched half of them, and I deleted the ones that have been viewed. Just a few days ago, I decided to catch up on the show and was baffled by the red slash circle symbol on all remaining episodes. I could not play them. I checked the few episodes of "Veep" that I had left remaining on the receiver, and those were fine. I checked one more show that I had recorded, "What We Do In The Shadows" - which I hadn't started yet, and found all of those episodes have the same red circle symbol.  So, why is Veep fine, but the two other shows are not? They were all recorded from OnDemand. Just to be clear, when trying to view them on the bedroom receiver, the main TV in the living room is turned off, like always, and nothing else is being recorded, viewed, or anything.  Resetting the receiver did not work.

What are your DVR/Receiver model numbers?

bcharmah

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

a year ago

Hi....

Thank you for responding. The bedroom receiver is H24-700 and the living room DVR is HR24-200.

After checking again this morning... the situation is the same. Except that since last night, I recorded three episodes of Seinfeld,

and they are all okay. But these were not from OnDemand.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

a year ago

@bcharmah wrote:

Hi....

Thank you for responding. The bedroom receiver is H24-700 and the living room DVR is HR24-200.

After checking again this morning... the situation is the same. Except that since last night, I recorded three episodes of Seinfeld,

and they are all okay. But these were not from OnDemand.

And you've reset BOTH the H24 and HR24?

bcharmah

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

a year ago

Yes! I did. Didn't help... and I reset the one in the bedroom again, for the third time, just to make sure.

There's only so much resetting I'm willing to do, before giving up.

I just may delete these shows/episodes, and download them again from OnDemand. If the problem persists, for some reason,

I can at least watch them on the living room TV.  It's just that this is an issue I've never had before, and it's frustrating...

because it makes no sense. Some recorded shows are okay, while others aren't? I don't get it.

Get started...

Ask a new question