Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Jan 16, 2020 7:39 PM

Recycling

If I receive notice that my equipment can be recycled rather than returned, do I have to send to DIRECTV recycling center they provided or can I recycle it locally. I want to eliminate getting charge for this if I recycle it locally and not through them.

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

1 month ago

If the box is non-returnable, then you can remove the access card and recycle the box at a local place or if needed use www.directv.com/recycle for an alternative option. Access card will either get an envelope within 30 days of the box being deactivated, or you dispose of securely like a credit card.

However, what are the models of each box you have? Just to be sure you don't accidently recycle a returnable box and get a non-return fee (NRF).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

@Juniper thanks for your response. My email from DIRECTV said they didn’t need it back but gave me the recycle directions however I would rather do it locally. So I’m sure they don’t need the box back I was just making sure I didn’t have to recycle through them.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

You don't have to recycle directly through them. They just have the recycling link if you need it.

Always good to double check the model numbers to be safe.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

MDL: H20

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

Ok H20 is definitely not returnable as that is very old. You can certainly recycle it. Just remove the access card in case they send the envelope (usually within 30 days), otherwise like a credit card just dispose of it securely.